Sunday, May 16, 2010

One Year Later

It's been exactly one year since I've graduated from college...one year. I can't believe how time flies. And sadly there isn't much to show for that year that I've been out of school, but I'm happy to say that I'm not too disappointed. I can be grateful for the fact that I am employed, I have a roof over my head, and working towards a few goals. I do wish that I was doing something with my degree, that I wasn't living at home and had a car of my own, but all within due time it will come my way.
One roommate is in grad school, another has married and moved to Kentucky, another is living at home working, and the last one has moved out of her parents house and is working in her field. All in all I think we're doing pretty good. I'm still in shock that it's been a whole year since college life. It really does feel like a few months ago that I was at school.
I was looking at PostSecret today and Frank, the man who started the project, has been asked to give a few commencement speeches so I thought I'd share a few of the postcards that he was given and had has posted on his site in honor of all the graduates graduating this year.

Be Wise Enough Not to Be Reckless, But Brave Enough to Take Great Risks.

In the Real World You Have to Wear Shoes.

Perhaps the Most Important Lesson That I've Learned Is That You Should Never Argue With An Idiot. The People Around You Might Not Be Able to Tell the Difference. 

No Matter How Far Wrong You've Gone, You Can Always Turn Around. 

Everything Worth Knowing Leaves Bruises. 

Hopefully this next year will be more productive. Congratulations to all of 2010 Graduates!!

No comments:

Post a Comment