Thursday, December 16, 2010

In The Spirit

I've been waiting patiently to hear back from the new job (PCS) and still my phone is silent. I've called twice and left messages. Still nothing. Perhaps they're busy with the holidays themselves. Maybe they're waiting for the new year. Whatever the case, it's driving me nuts! I can't make plans without knowing if they're going to call and need me to work. I'm in limbo right now. And I HATE limbo.
TG and I decorated the house the other night finally. The tree is up along with the garland and nativity scenes. I didn't do every single decoration this year, just out of pure laziness, but the house looks good. I'll upload pictures later. I am currently babysitting Buster. He is sick with a cold and possibly an ear infection. He keeps smacking at his ears. I definitely have a soft spot for sick babies because all I've been doing is cuddling and reading to him. I even rocked him to sleep today for his nap.
But what has really got me in the spirit is that my best friend Jean from childhood has reappeared into my life. She was isolated from friends and family for a good 2 years because of the guy she was dating. Everyone was really worried about her for a while and we were hoping that she would open her eyes to see the horrible life that was surrounding her. Unfortunately, it took a traumatic event to do that. But none the less she is out of that life and back with her friends and family. We've hung out twice and have tons of plans to do things together. She is currently seeing her childhood sweetheart and is in the happiest time of her life. Which ultimately makes me happy for her. They're talking marriage, they went ring shopping and have even discussed buying a place together. So of course, being the girl that I am, I'm wrapped up in the idea of being married too. Chancho and I have talked a lot about it in the past and even now. He's even mentioned taking a stroll through a jewelery store to "browse". But Chancho has also been my reality check. He brings me back down from cloud 9 and shows me realistically where we are. However, it doesn't hurt to dream about that dream wedding. I mean it is the season to be merry!

Quote of the day: "Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we're here for something else besides ourselves." ~Eric Sevareid

No comments:

Post a Comment