Friday, August 26, 2011

Irene

Welp, Irene is heading straight for us. Being in a new place has me a little on edge because I don't know what the surrounding areas have been like in the past. I don't know which roads to avoid or which areas flood. I also have no idea as to how the house is going to hold up. Fingers are crossed that the surrounding trees have strong ass roots.
As for work, well, they want us to come in. I'm thinking, I will probably not go. The building is entirely windows! I think I'll stay put in my little house away from windows. Chancho on the other hand, as you probably all know, is going to be right in the thick of things. He'll be home all day Saturday with me (Yipeeee!!) preparing for the worst, but come Sunday morning he'll head in to the city to brave the storm, helping those in need. Or yelling at those who are idiots. With that being said, I am sending out tons of prayers for everyone in this storms path. Catch you all after the rain and wind.

Be smart, be calm, and most importantly, be safe!

Quote of the Day: "Braveness is not the absence of fear but the strength to keep on going forward despite the fear." ~Paulo Coelho

No comments:

Post a Comment