Monday, August 8, 2011

August 8th

Three short years ago, you stepped into my life for a second time. This time, you were here to stay. This time, destiny made sure we would stick together. There have been times when our love has been tested and tried as we found our way through this journey, but it has only made us grow stronger and more in love. There isn't a day that goes by that I am not grateful for the times we have shared together and smile at the possibilities that lay ahead. I look forward to our wedding day and the many anniversaries that are to come as a married couple. I know times will not always be easy, but I do know that you will be beside me no matter what. I am grateful for all the work that you do and the kind of work that you do. I love you and am thankful you come home to me every night. Happy anniversary.

"Because to the depths of me, I long to love one person, With all my heart, my soul, my mind, my body... Because I need a forever friend to trust with the intimacies of me, Who won't hold them against me, Who loves me when I'm unlikable, Who sees the small child in me, and Who looks for the divine potential of me... Because I need to cuddle in the warmth of the night With someone who thanks God for me, With someone I feel blessed to hold... Because marriage means opportunity To grow in love in friendship... Because marriage is a discipline To be added to a list of achievements... Because marriages do not fail, people fail When they enter into marriage Expecting another to make them whole... Because, knowing this, I promise myself to take full responsibility For my spiritual, mental and physical wholeness I create me, I take half of the responsibility for my marriage Together we create our marriage... Because with this understanding The possibilities are limitless." 
~ Vows from this wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment