Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Squad 3 Impact Sarge

Police Wife Life:
Today begins a new chapter. Chancho got called into the office last week. It was confirmed. He would be switching shifts. The possibility came up about a month ago when the Captain asked if he would prefer to stay where he was or to switch things up. We discussed it and said that it would be better for us if he stayed where he was. Well, go figure, NYPD decides what's better for us.
Here we are with an altering life event again. Chancho will still be working overnight, just not the midnight shift. I'm not going to sugarcoat anything. I think this fucking sucks. Instead of us having 3 hours together, we get 0. Zero, zilch, nada, no time together. Because of our schedules being completely opposite, we are now not seeing each other while we are both working. He's back out on the street. Granted, he shows up usually after all the crazy shit goes down, but he still has to be there. Before, he was inside, had the option of staying in sitting at a desk. Being on the Impact team, that means his team is out there looking for trouble. That is their only task. Yaaay!
I've been trying to focus on the positive, because that's what will get me through these next few weeks as I adjust to a new lifestyle of really being by myself. I think I've been doing really well with going to everything alone and I finally think our friends and relatives are realizing it will be "just me" at events.
We get holidays off this year. It so happens that when he switched squads into the impact team the rotation of his days off also switched giving us the holidays. He also has his daytours back, which can get him home sooner some days depending on arrests.
We'll see how it goes. Crossing some fingers and praying.


No comments:

Post a Comment