Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tap Out

Take a guess as to what the cap is for police officer's overtime is for a month.
They shouldn't be allowed to work any more than 35 hours.
Take a wild guess as to what Chancho has worked this month. Just throw a number out there.

50. Yep, he has worked 50 hours of overtime. So not only has he worked his regular hours, he's added on 50 more hours to it. He got yelled at. They told him no more for this month. That was earlier this week.
Want to play again?
Take a guess as to what the cap is for doing Paid Details is for a month.
I actually don't know that answer, but he was yelled at for doing 80+ hours.
So needless to say I haven't seen Chancho very much this past month. In fact there were days when I only saw him for literally 5 minutes while he was working at the deli. Oh yeah, he now has added on another day to his deli schedule. I swear he just can't get enough of work. Oh and another thing before I forget, he mentioned lightly over dinner yesterday that there have been rumors going around that by next year the domestic violence officers will be getting shields because the work that they do is essentially detective work. He doesn't think that it will actually happen, but he wanted to keep me in the loop. He said not to get my hopes up, but I think he was really trying to tell himself that.
As for me, I have been working 40+ weeks myself, which meant our schedules overlapped and we were back to having a relationship with our phones. It also has allowed me to bond with my coworkers. I've gone out with them almost every night now. It's actually been a lot of fun.

I've also been babysitting Buster a lot. They really are paying for that cruise. On Monday it was getting late, as I was trying to get Buster to wind down so we could have bath time and then I could put him to bed when the doorbell rang. I contemplated answering the door, but I knew that the room that I was in they would be able to see me so, I went and answered it. I had Buster in my arms and I was only going to open the main door, keeping the glass door shut. Well I open it and this Hulk Hogan guy is standing there. Before I know it he's opening the outside door and reaching for Buster. I quickly pull back and say "Can I help you?" He answers with "Oh hi! Hey [Buster] I was just in the neighborhood and thought I would stop over and say hi."
I'm still starring wondering who the hell this guy is. I obviously don't know him and he still hasn't introduced himself. So I begin to say something when he cuts me off and asks if Buster's mother is home. I say no and that if he wanted I could just let them know he stopped by. "Oh that would be great! I'm their painter, Eddie." (They got their house painted months ago.) I say "Okay, great, I'll let them know. You have yourself a good night." Eddie steps closer "Do you think it would okay if I came in?" Me: "No. I'd rather you not." Eddie: "Right, okay, sure, understandable. I'll see ya around." Then he turns and walks away. I was totally freaked out. I locked that door and double checked all the other doors in the house. I kept an eye on him as he was sitting on the front lawn. He eventually got a ride with some other guys that happened to be on the road with some car problems, but if he had left my line of sight you better believe I would have had the cops on their way.
Wrapping things up, Chancho and I really have a date planned for this Friday. We have high hopes to go to the drive in movie theatre after his class. Then Saturday we're going to my sister's for the UFC fight. It's going to be a small sibling reunion as my brother is going too. Saweeeet. I'm really pumped for it. Be ready for a recap of the weekend. So for now I'm tapping out. Ha.

Quote of the Day: “We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are.” - Bill Watterson
Listening to:

1 comment:

  1. What the heck was up with that Eddie? I would have been freaked out too. Way out of line. Was he drunk?

    ReplyDelete