Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I See The Light

The end of the tunnel is near! We just finished our house inspection and everything is in great condition! sigh of relief  Woohoo! While Chancho was taking care of the "important" stuff, TG and I were taking measurements for the couches, curtains, rugs and anything else we could think of. I also took a bunch of my own pictures to share with people that I can't send a link to. Things are actually coming to together and FAST. The down payment is already taken from our account.
I dropped the bomb on my parents yesterday. I was...terrified to tell them. They aren't the most easy going parents out there. Ones that believe living together before marriage is unacceptable and buying a house with a boyfriend is basically committing murder. However, they were surprisingly okay with everything. I think they might kill me in my sleep after it settles in. My father was upset that I didn't tell him sooner so he could have a say in it all. My point exactly as to why I didn't. I didn't want the trouble of him getting offended when I didn't take his advice. I have set up an appointment with the sellers this Friday so that I can take my parents to the house and they can have their own private tour. They can ask whatever questions they want and see for themselves what a great job we've done in picking this house out.
Next step is having the lawyer write up the contract for everything and then once we sign it we can close on the house and it is ours. We will own a house. Holy crap.
So now for the pictures of the house! I took a lot so here are the main aspects of the house.

Dining Room - View from LR


Fireplace

Full Bath - Upstairs

Half Bath - Downstairs

Kitchen

Living Room - View from Sun Porch

Our Bedroom - Bedroom 1

Sun Porch

TG's Room - Bedroom 2

Yankee Room - Bedroom 3
We have the majority of our furniture picked out, we just have to save up for it now. We also have the colors picked out for each of the rooms. We took a trip to Ikea and found a handful of things we want to get, lamps, pictures, mirrors...
Another addition to our life: Chancho sent in his request for the DVO, SVU position. Apparently they need a DVO to help handle cases over in SVU so he thought "why not?". His application is waiting on someones desk right now. He probably will hear back when we get back from our cruise.

Quote of the Day: "Get up and dance, get up and smile, get up and drink to the days that are gone in the shortest while." - Simon Fowler

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like life is moving forward! Enjoy your cruise and I hope you return to all the news you're hoping for.

    Peace

    ReplyDelete