Monday, July 25, 2011

For Better...or Worse, but Not for Granted

Today was my day off and I spent the entire day doing wedding stuff. Tons of searching online for ideas and tons of researching different venues and photographers. (If anyone in the Hudson Valley area has any references, greatly appreciated.) Lots of calculating and lots of scratching things off. Now that it's later and I'm home waiting for Chancho to join me, I'm getting all mushy and picturing what our wedding day will be like. So I started to write my vows. I know, way far in advance, but why not get things done while I have the time? I had written down what I had thought to be my vows a little while back, but then went back and crossed out and rewritten a bunch of things, pretty much demolishing the first ones. Tonight though, I read what I had crossed out and I think I'm liking what I wrote the first time better now. It just feels write when I say them out loud. I do feel like it's a little long, but hey I have a lot to say. I was searching online to read other people's vows to see if I could get all sentimental and in a better mind set, but it turns out that I couldn't find much of anything. I feel like love should be shared.
Would any of you who are married want to grace me with your wedding vows, if you did in fact write your own? I can post them here for all to read or I can keep them for my eyes only.

‘I Do’

His ‘hello’ was the end of her endings.
Her laugh was their first step down the aisle.
His hand would be hers to hold forever.
His forever was as simple as her smile.
He said she was what was missing.
She said instantly she knew.
She was a question to be answered.
And his answer was “I do”.

– Carrie Bradshaw, Sex in the City



No comments:

Post a Comment