Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Final Countdown

When I don't want to do something, I avoid it. I avoid it with everything that I have. All the excuses are pulled and I don't care even if it's something as lame as I fell asleep. Here's what I'm talking about. My roommate from school is moving in with me and my parents Saturday. This Saturday, only 3 days away. If you were to ask me if her room was ready, I'd have to answer with a no. If you asked if I had spoken to my dad about whether he was willing to give up walking around in his tighty-whities at night, I'd again say no. If you asked if I have gotten an extra house key made for her, again, no. Even if you asked if I figured out where she was going to park her car, I'd shake my head no. So as you can see, I've just been lazy and avoiding it all. I keep saying "oh I have plenty of time to do it." Just like I did when I was in school and had to write a paper. Well, I figure those papers always got written the wee hours before they were do and I'm guessing I'll be up until the wee hours painting her room and figuring everything out.
I'm so beyond excited for her to come. I should have all of this settled and even a mint on her pillow waiting for her, but I think a part of me is a little scared to have her come. I'm not worried about us living together because we were able to do that for 4 years. We get along great, but I guess I'm being a little selfish. I'm worried about what's going to happen to my free time. High on my list of worries is what's going to happen to the very little time that I have with Chancho? I have tried speaking to him about it a few times already and he doesn't seem too concerned over it. There really isn't much that we can do, it is what it is. I did get him to promise me that every last friday of the month will be our date night. I'm skeptical as to how well we're going to pull this off. But.... I know I should be focused on how scared she is going to be. I mean she is the one moving 8 hours away from home, family and friends. She is the one moving to an entirely different city with cars, trains and people (not animals and fields). She is also the one moving giving up her two jobs. This is huge for her! So I need to stop my bitching and help her as much as I can. I'm reaching out to other groups of people so she'll have the chance to meet a bunch of new friends. I just hope that it goes well.
Alright, now that that is off my chest I think maybe, perhaps, I'll go do something to get her room started. Maybe.

Quote of the day: "We need to learn to set our course by the stars, not by the light of every passing ship." ~Omar N. Bradley
Listening to:  "Love Who You Love" by Rascal Flatts

No comments:

Post a Comment