Monday, June 13, 2011

Quick Recap

I've been starring at the bookmark tab on my computer for way too long now. I finally clicked it and here I am again. I'm guessing bullet points will probably be the best way to explain the past couple of months.
May went a little like this:
  • After a handful of dresses, I found a wedding dress that I absolutely LOVE, but it was beyond my price range.
  • Notification of the Sergeants exam came out. 
  • My grandmother became extremely ill.
  • We found another house that we want to buy. 
  • Chancho has lost over 20lbs! 
  • I've started running over 5 miles
June hasn't been less hectic:
  • Tried on my dream dress again, negotiated a price I could afford. 
    • I ordered it, but it came in damaged (ripped, beads missing etc.)
    • I reordered it, and am picking it up today.
  • Chancho has been studying like a crazy man for the Sergeants exam, which is in October.
  • My job accepted an idea that, if it all goes according to my plan, will be instated company wide!
  • My grandmother has semi recovered, she was diagnosed with Cancer and will be returning home this week to be more comfortable.
  • Chancho and I began looking at reception halls. 
  • We attended my cousins country themed wedding. 
  • The house we want is all set to go, minus the mortgage. 
And here I am today chugging along. Feeling a little overwhelmed with things as I've been trying to work as much as I can to show the bank that we have enough money for this house. I finally caved in and gave myself two days off. I need to do laundry as it's taken over my entire room. I have to get my life back under control before I can tackle the rest of summer. I've already gotten sun poisoning.  So here is to some R&R.

Quote of the Day: "Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase" ~ Martin Luther King
Listening to: "Give Me Everything" by Pitbull Ne-Yo Afrojack & Nayer

2 comments:

  1. And then when it is all over, you will be bored to tears. ;)

    Hang in there! It's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe in you...and am looking forward to your house warming, for it I believe the closing will happen and all will be well.

    P.S Tell Chancho I'm proud of the 20lbs. and I can see another 20 in the near future...so to the both of you, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

    ReplyDelete