Monday, September 3, 2012

New Man In Town

Chancho began his new job today. He headed out early this morning with his new commute and found himself in new territory. He did have a fellow newbie with him so it wasn't completely lonely. They were called in to the bosses office and asked which shift they would like - daytours or midnights- The other guy needed daytours as he was having childcare issues. So that left Chancho with midnights. I knew this was a possibility, but I was really hoping that he wouldn't get it. Midnights consist of him leaving the house around 10pm-ish to start and not getting home until about 9am-ish. He has never really worked this shift before. The closest shift was when he was working impact, he got out 2am. I'm not really sure how this new shift is going to effect us. All I know is that when he was working nights, he was always sleeping. He never had any energy to do something during the day. I'm hoping that with the complete switch that he will have the time to sleep in most of the morning to get up in the late afternoon to be up when I get home. Otherwise, we will be ships passing in the night again. I keep reminding myself that this is probably the best time for him to work this as it's just us and we don't have a family yet. It's going to be interesting to see how, being newly married, our relationship deals with this transition. Wish us luck as we enter in to this new journey! Today, I'm ready for wherever this takes us.

Quote of the Day: "I believe we write our own stories and each time we think we know the end, we don't. Perhaps luck exists somewhere between the world of planning, of chance and in the peace that comes from knowing that you just can't know it all. Life's funny that way... once you let go of the wheel, you might end up right where you belong." -Little Black Book

1 comment:

  1. Rocco used to work Midnights; it was extremely hard for us because I tend to work nights as well and I would breeze in around 9:30 pm and he would be just about ready to leave...on nights I didn't have to work, I would wake him and make sure we had dinner together before he left.
    You do what you can and know that there is an NYPD Family out there willing to support you; also know that no position lasts forever.
    And pray. It never hurts.
    :) SCW Stella

    ReplyDelete