Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Yale Field

Taking things back to April 14th...We were able to squeeze in some engagement pictures with our fabulous photographer Chris Volpe. Since Chancho proposed to me at Yankee Stadium, I really wanted our engagement photos to reflect that. I wanted to get pictures taken at a baseball stadium, perferrably Yankee Stadium, but once I looked into how expensive that was, we couldn't do it. We definitely put that thought out there for a month going back and forth about how it would be a once in a life time opportunity to have the stadium to ourselves and we could never get that again, but reality knocked on the door and we said we couldn't spend over $2000 for a photo shoot.
So I spoke to Chris and and asked him if he knew of any cool stadiums that we could take pictures at. He loved the idea and automatically suggested we take our pictures at Yale Field, in Connecticut. He has connections there as he is always taking pictures for the school. The date was set and I was beyond excited to have these pictures done.
The morning of the pictures we got a phone call from Chris saying that there might be a slight problem. There was going to be a double header that day between Yale & Harvard. We might not have access to the stadium. I sure as hell was not going to postpone the pictures or settle for a different venue. I stuck my ground and said we'll go and do what we can. I was hoping someone would have a weakness for love and still let us on the field.
When we showed up the teams were already in uniform and roaming the field, but Chris had gotten there before us and was able to speak to someone. The man did have a weakness for love! He gave us the okay to take pictures on the field until the team was ready to start warmups. So thus began our wonderful photo shoot. We were there for about 2 hours. I was in heaven. It turned out to be a perfect day weather wise, we couldn't have gotten anything better.
Here are a few pictures that I can share:










Quote of the Day: "Happiness doesn't belong to those who have everything, but belongs to those who can appreciate what they have."

No comments:

Post a Comment