Friday, May 14, 2010

Chinchillas, iguanas, and turtles, oh my!

As promised, I took Buster to the Nature Center. I got my first experience of taking him out in public and it went beyond well. I met 4 of my friends there, two couples, one of which has an almost 2 year old son, LJ. I pulled up in the parking lot and got out putting Buster into his stroller and my two friends say Wow You really look like an adult. I guess seeing me with a baby, a stroller, diaper bag and an SUV would constitute an adult like appearance. All I could say was Hears a glimpse into my future, enjoy it while you can. One of my friends new the lady who was in charge of allowing kids to pet the animals so we luckily were able to get in for free. The fee would have been $7 per adult, free for kids under 2. Buster was a little shy at first as he was shown a large turtle, but he slowly came out of his shell. Ha no pun intended. He liked looking in all of the windows, I'm not sure he knew there were animals in many of them, but he was entertained. When we moved into the "furry" animal room, he lit up. He was able to pet a Chinchilla, which is the softest animal in the world, a Guinea pig, named squash, a ferret, and a hedgehog. His favorite was the hedgehog. He pet them very nicely. I was a little worried, but he was gentle and didn't want to bash their heads in or anything. My friends son was rambunctious to say the least. He has learned how to run and has taken advantage of it. He was also very talkative, in his own baby language. I think Buster and LJ would have gotten along great if Buster could walk. He's still in need of a hand to get around on his own.
From there we went outside to the Turkey area. There were about 5 turkeys, a goat, and two sheep. It was such a beautiful day out that we were able to stay out there for a good 45 minutes and chat. Buster played in the dirt collecting all of the wood chips that he was sitting and LJ ran up and down a small hill over and over again. We made one last stop to see prairie dogs, chickens and rabbits before heading home.
I made it back home just in time for his nap, but he beat me to it by falling asleep in the car seat.

Here are some pictures from our first adventure together.









Quote of the Day: "Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers; remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs that just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care; some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers..." - Garth Brooks
Listening to: "Glitter In the Air" by Pink

No comments:

Post a Comment