Sunday, May 23, 2010

Finally

He's here!! Chancho's flight arrived an hour late and then another agonizing hour later he came through the gate. I scurried over and into his arms.  I didn't cry or scream, just hugged him for a while. I really did miss him. We spent the morning together, as much as we could before heading out to a graduation party. We were supposed to go to the Yankee game that night but tickets were ridiculously priced so we decided against it.
Chancho instead decided to give my parents their presents. My father received a statue carved out of wood that had real animal teeth, hair, and horns on it. On the inside is a knife and not just a little knife, like a butchers knife. It's cool, but a little scary looking. My mother got coasters that have Peruvian drawings on them. I got a heart shaped jewelry box and a set of shot glasses that have the same Peruvian drawings on them as the coasters.

Today we packed up the car for camping. We'll be leaving tomorrow morning, but Chancho is working tonight so we figured we'd get it out of the way now while we have time. I'm really excited for this camping trip. I hope that the sun stays out for us. So that's where I'll be this week. I'll be back Friday! Enjoy your week and don't forget to check out PostSecret.

Quote of the Day: "It’s when you hold eye contact for that second too long or maybe the way you laugh. It sets off a flash and our memories take a picture of who we are at that point when we first know “This is love.” And we clutch that picture to our hearts because we expect each other to always be the people in that picture. But people change. People aren’t pictures. And you can either take a new picture or throw the old one away." - Iain Thomas

Listening to: "Comfortable" by John Mayer

2 comments:

  1. Hmm...what does it say when your boyfriend buys you shot glasses? ;) Glad he is home safe and you survived his trip. Have a great time camping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww YAY! Have a great time camping!

    ReplyDelete