Friday, July 16, 2010

Exciting News

I believe it's been 3 years since I got my license, but 7 years since I started actually driving. I started my driving adventures in a Mercury Sable wagon. That was interesting as it was huge in my eyes, but it didn't last long as it was totaled in an accident on an Easter drive to Long Island. Then we switched over to a Honda CR-V. That has been my main source of freedom, if you wanna call it that. I have enjoyed the car so much, but I am proud to say that I have finally purchased my first car. My own car. I'm no longer using my parents, Chancho's or any coworkers cars! I got it on the 14th.
It all started after Chancho got back from Peru. I had the privilege of driving his cars around while he was away, then I had my parents car for a week while they were on their cruise and then right after that I had a coworkers car for 2 weeks. So this was the first week that I didn't have a car in about 2 months. I couldn't do it anymore. I had a taste of freedom, I needed to have it all the time. So I spoke to Chancho and said this is something that needs to be done this week. While I was at work, he took the time to find some cars that were in my price range and made appointments for me. Then Wed we both had the day off and took off to the appointments. The first one was great. It was a 2000 Nissan Sentra with 110k miles and it drove great, was in excellent condition. I wanted it. I was going to buy it, but we had a few other cars to look at first so we said that we'd be in touch. From there we headed over to see a Dodge Neon. It had over 100k miles on it and it was not in great condition. It rattled like hell and it sounded like a train. The outside was nice though. The guy was selling it for a mere 1900 and negotiable. He's moving to China in August so wants it gone fast. I felt really bad, but didn't take the car. After that, we traveled to dirty Jersey and met a guy who was selling his girlfriends car, a 2002 Nissan Sentra, which only had 61k miles on it. It was in excellent condition, ran great and the price was negotiable. Chancho and I chatted it over and well I bought it! I told the guy I had cash on me and we offered him a price and he took it. We probably could have went lower because we had cash, but it is what it is. Chancho drove it home and I've been driving it ever since! I'm unbelievably happy. I haven't stopped smiling since I got it. I've waited a long time for this and I've finally taken the plunge. One goal can be checked off, and on to the next.
No pictures quite yet, so I will post them as soon as I get the chance to take them. I've been working non stop so I don't have the free time to get good quality pictures. I'm currently babysitting buster, while Chancho goes to get it inspected and to the DMV to get the title changed over and registered under my name. He's such a wonderful boyfriend :)

Quote of the Day: "God can’t hand you something new until you let go of what you’re holding."
Listening to: "Shark in the Water" by V V Brown

2 comments:

  1. Did you mean that you GOT YOUR LICENSE SEVEN years ago but have only been DRIVING THREE? Otherwise, were you driving WITHOUT a license??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my permit seven years ago...I finally took the road test three years ago. I was lazy and didn't have a car so I didn't need to have it. Til now. :)

    ReplyDelete