Tuesday, July 20, 2010

False Alarm

That phone call from the unknown number....NOT from the company I wanted. It was a wrong number. The phone call that I was shaking over, biting my nails, going crazy over? Yeah, that one, it never came. They stood me up. I attempted to contact them, but it was just a recording and I needed an extension to leave a message. I never got an extension. Therefore, I sent out an email. I'm not sure if it's going to get to where it's supposed to go, but hopefully it does.
I'm really bummed out. I was overly excited and ready for this. I thought I had this job already and that was probably my problem in the first place. I always jump before I take a step and get thoughts in my head that shouldn't even be there. I took a nap, ate dinner and then went for ice cream to soothe my disappointment. Tomorrow is a new day and maybe there'll be something better out there for me. Even if there isn't something tomorrow, it will come with due time. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Quote of the Day: "Rejection is a word, fear of rejection is a feeling, overcoming fear of rejection is an action, and actions speak louder than words."
Listening to:  "Crazy Dreams" by Carrie Underwood

No comments:

Post a Comment