- Chancho's bday went off without a problem. He had the day off so he was a tad hung over from partying with the coworkers the night before, but we were up and at the Yankee game without a problem. They won so he took it as a great gift. We went out that night with our friends, but he was still not liking the sight or smell of alcohol. It was an early night to say the least.
- Visited my sister and BIL July 3rd for the UFC fight. We stopped in at Harold's deli, but not before visiting every single Harold's. We didn't have the correct address to begin with so we stopped in at everyone, every time we glanced at one another going "This doesn't look familiar." Then we'd punch in Harold's to the GPS again and find the next one. Needless to say we still made it on time, even a few minutes early. This was the eclair that I had for dessert. It lasted for about 2 weeks.
- July 4th, we had our family BBQ. It went really well. It was German themed so we had all the usual, bratwurst, weisswurst, 3 bean salad, German potato salad, and tons more. Our place mats were from when we were kids and they were games in German. We also celebrated Father's day, we gave him a hitch for his truck. I think he may have shed a tear of gratefulness. It was a true surprise. Later in the evening, my brother brought out a few toys (a rifle and pistol). I heard the gun shots in the basement and snuck down to see what was going on and got to shoot both. I didn't do too shabby. I at least made it in the inner circles of the target.
- I went to visit my grandmother who has been put into a nursing home for the next month for her breathing condition. Her oxygen level is at 50 and it's supposed to be at 90. She's slowly but surely getting better with every day. While we were there, they had a "picnic" for the patients. We were invited to join them all in the great dining area. They had hamburgers and hot dogs with baked beans and pickles. It was hilarious sitting across from a table of older men. They just said whatever was on their mind, not a care in the world. I hope that when I get to be in my upper 80s and 90s that I still have a sharp mind.
- It's been crazy hot out. Upper 90s for the past 2 weeks. Thankfully I work in an air conditioned store. Speaking of which, they've cut my hours a bit, but I'm still surviving. I have been babysitting a lot. I practically moved in with the family this past weekend. They have a pool, that has become my best friend. The little guy has taken up walking and loves it! I call it the zombie walk because he has his hands outstretched to keep his balance as he walks around.
- Finally, tonight Chancho has set up an appointment for us to go look at a car for me! It's a volkswagon passat. It's owned by an older couple so I'm hoping it's a good find. I'd like to have a car to call my own by the end of this month. Fingers are crossed!
Quote of the day: “Life is all about timing...the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable...attainable. Have the patience, wait it out.” - Stacey Charter
Listening to: "Getting Over You" by David Guetta & Chris Willis ft. Fergie & LMAO