Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Gearing Up

Tons of excitement coming my way tomorrow. Chancho turns 26! I've bought Yankee tickets for him, of course. His Sgt. made sure that he had his birthday off; he wasn't going to take it off. I have work until 9am so after I get out I'm heading over to have breakfast with him, then we'll head to the Bronx for the game. Once we get out of the game we're going back to his place for a family dinner, then finally out to the bars with friends. He's going out tonight with coworkers, they said they wanted to treat him to a few before he headed home. I'm on call for a pick up for whenever he needs to get home. I'm not sure how well that's going to work out when I need to be up at 4am, but it's his birthday so I can sacrifice a few hours of sleep for him.
Chancho had  an unusual night last night in that he was actually out on patrol. Instead of sitting behind a desk watching TV working on reports and complaints, he was told to suit up and head out into the projects with the housing group. It was a quiet night, thankfully, and he enjoyed himself. I think he misses being out on the streets with not knowing what's going to happen next. I could hear it in his voice that he had a good time. I don't miss those nights though. I enjoy him sitting behind his desk.

I got news that my old roommate and very close friend has plans to come visit in August. She's starting to plan her trip. I am crossing my fingers that all works out. She says that it might be hard to get the days off because a coworker is out on maternity leave, but we'll see.

Other news, my childhood best friend's sister gave birth to a little girl last friday. She is unbelievably cute and I'm not saying that because I'm biased, I really do believe she's cute. Last Sunday, my cousin got married. She's a year younger than me and had a little house on the prarie wedding. They married in a field of grass overlooking a valley. It looked very beautiful from pictures. She wore a blue patterned dress, very simple, which fit her well. She isn't a very dramatic person so it suited her well. However, now everyone is asking me when I'll be getting married. I'm wondering where they're thoughts of "Take your time, there's no rush" went.

This upcoming holiday weekend I'll be visiting my sister and BIL in Jersey again for a fight night. First we're going to eat at Harold's again. I'm not sure we can go visit and not go to Harold's anymore. Chancho has fallen in love with it and demands that we stop there now. Then Sunday, the 4th, after working all day (boooo) the family is visiting my parents. It'll be great to see everyone finally.

Quote of the Day: "Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress." ~ Alfred A. Montapert
Listening to: "King of Anything" by Sara Bareilles

No comments:

Post a Comment