Saturday, February 27, 2010

13.8"

This whole entire week, I was plagued with an awful migraine. I couldn't shake it for anything. I think it may have been more than just a migraine as I had the chills and hot flashes as well. It always got worse at night too, when I was exhausted and all I wanted to do was sleep. Today was the first day (knock on wood) that I haven't had any headaches. I probably sweated it out of my system while I was out shoveling yesterday. Mother nature dumped some more snow on us. I thankfully had the day off so I was able to take my sweet time in waking up and cleaning everything up. I did make sure I was up before the mail came so the mailman wouldn't be climbing through a mountain of snow to our front door. While I was up and out I helped out my neighbors get their cars out of their driveway. I heard the spinning tires and headed on over for some extra hands. We were able to get the cars out within a few minutes.
At work today, you could tell that everyone was tired. And when you asked why the answer was always because they were out shoveling. The store closed early at 6pm yesterday so all of the orders from yesterday weren't completed leaving today backed up. When I arrived at 7am, this morning, there were 200+ orders waiting to be done. We had 5 people working diligently all day to get them done and by the time I was leaving at 4pm we were caught up to 6pm for today. However, the entire day we were behind by an hour and a half. We couldn't have any orders done for today either. There were a lot of unhappy customers that had to wait. Tomorrow should be better. I'm crossing my fingers that it will be.
Heading out tonight for a friend's birthday party, however calling it an early night to be rested up for work tomorrow.
Here's some pictures from the snowfall. The last picture is of my walk to work this morning at 630am.





Listening to: "We've Got Tonight" by Bob Seger

Quote of the Day"Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking a moment and making the best of it." - Gilda Radner

2 comments:

  1. The snow is awful. I am so sick of shoveling. Glad we sent that latest storm your way instead of hanging onto it for ourselves. Just sharing the wealth...

    Is it summer yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Yes, thank you so much for letting us get some of it. I was starting to feel left out!

    Good Lord I'd love for it to be summer now!

    ReplyDelete