Monday, February 8, 2010

No Phone! Ahhhhh

I am going Crazy!! My phone broke on Saturday. The screen went black. I have no way of looking at it, therefore I can't send or receive text messages or view any of my contacts. I can still receive phone calls and make calls, if I know the number. It's driving me bonkers! Chancho and I rely heavily on our phones for communication, especially while he's at work. We are constantly texting one another throughout the day. It feels really weird not being able to send him a text whenever I want. It's pretty sad how dependent I have become with this phone. I can't even use it as my alarm clock anymore. I had to download a gadget to my computer to make sure that I was up in time for work. Which did not mean I had a peaceful sleep. I was so nervous that I wasn't going to wake up to the new alarm. I strode into Verizon today, very confidently, and asked for a new phone. The man was not friendly, but said that because I was within warranty, I could indeed receive a new phone for FREE. The catch was that I have to until Wed for it to arrive AND it needs to be signed for. I'm sure I can handle not having a fully functioning phone until Wed, but the fact that it needs to be signed for is going to be tricky. Both, my mother and I have to work all day. My father on the other hand is off, but he has a strict rule of not answering the door, plus the fact that he lives in the basement and can't hear the doorbell. Two very good signs that I'll be driving to FedEx on Wed to pick up my phone after work. It all won't matter though once I have a working phone in my hand!

Superbowl Sunday was spent at Zach's house with his family and a couple of our friends. It was a good time. Chancho took the day off so that he could partake in the "superbowl" of his own. Every year him and a bunch of his (our) friends get together at a local college and play football. He is hurting today though. Of course they play tackle and don't wear any protection. He got his lip cut up real bad and his lip is probably 3 times the size today.

This upcoming weekend we are planning a Cross Country Ski trip. We thought we would head up to Lapland Lake, which is in the Adirondacks. It's a Finish themed park because the owner is from Finland who was an Olympic skier. It's about 3 hours away from here and a tad expensive for us right now so instead I have a feeling we'll be going to Fahnestock Winter Park. It's a lot closer, smaller, but affordable and only a day trip. Chancho has never been x-country skiing before, so I'm really excited to teach him and see how he does. Maybe he'll love it like he now loves camping.We shall see.

Listening to: "Smile" by Uncle Kracker

No comments:

Post a Comment