Sunday, February 14, 2010

Preperation

In order to make sure that Valentine's Day was a success, I had a few things to accomplish Friday morning. I stuck to our goal of homemade gifts, even though Chancho broke those rules. I had Friday off so I woke up early and began my gift making. It started out with baking. I chose to make heart shaped brownies. With a quick trip to a very crowded Stop and Shop, I was back home with my box of brownies.

This is the pan that I used to get the heart shapes. It's really a muffin pan, but it worked just fine.

Mixing up the ingredients
And ta-da! The finished product!
I was able to make 10 of them with the entire box of brownies. I "accidentally" broke one so I had to eat it. 
While the brownies were baking, I had started my next homemade gift. I had collected a bunch of pictures from the previous Yankee season games that we had went to and put them into a collage. I bought a black floating frame and on the frame Puffy Painted this:

This is what it looks like from above:

I finished both projects just as Chancho was arriving at my house for him to take me to my surprise....


Listening to: "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" by AeroSmith

No comments:

Post a Comment