Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Winter Wonderland

As the snow continues to fall, I am now cuddled up beneath a few layers of blankets. Earlier, I was out about in my yard and neighborhood taking a few pictures before the few rays of light that were left disappeared for good behind the snowy clouds. I took about 44 pictures in all, I'm not sure they really capture the storm that we had though. I still don't think it was anything like they were saying it was going to be. I was at work on time by 9am and we kept the store open until 5pm. There were customers shopping. The roads were fine on major roadways, but side streets weren't that great. The road to my house has only been plowed 2 times all day. It's pretty slushy right now. Thank goodness for 4 wheel drive. I'll be back in tomorrow all day to keep me busy. Friday is a Valentine's day for us. Chancho has a surprise for me. All I know is that dinner and a movie await me, but he has warned me that I will have to do a lot of walking. I'm not sure how that plays into the dinner and a movie, but I'm excited to see what he has in store for me. I'll be sure to fill you all in!

Here are some of the pictures that I felt came out okay: 


 




 


Quote of the Day: “For some moments in life there are no words.” - David Seltzer

5 comments:

  1. The photographs are really good. I think you experienced the snowstorm as well. I hope you weren't too cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Photographs make me want Snowy winters. Downside to living in the sunshine state :9.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures, just breathtaking. I so miss snow this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first pic,it is beautiful!The snow is so pretty and white but it looks very very cold,brrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely amazing photos! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete