Thursday, April 8, 2010

And I'd Like to Check You for Ticks

Civilan Complaint Board also known as the CCB interviewed Chancho yesterday. There was some complaint made by a guy who Chancho arrested a few months back. So because of his complaint Chancho had to go before the CCB and tell his side of the story. The CCB will then decide if any wrong doing was done and make a recommendation to Chancho's precinct for further action. The CCB can't really do much in form of punishing Chancho, but they can suggest to his precinct that he was acting out of order and needs to be repremanded. His other two partners are also being interviewed. If anything comes of this, he could possibly be put back on monitoring level 1 again, which means that his job is in jepordy. Along with that crappy line of news, he also informed me that because his Sergeant is back from maternity leave that means that there are 3 DVOs now. The department only wants 2. Someone will have to go. Not really sure, how that will turn out. The options are Chancho, being the newbie. His partner, who is about to retire in July and his Sergeant, who's a Sergeant. I don't know, but I'm thinking that they'll probably kick the newbie out. He thinks that he'll be fine because of his partner retiring in July, that they'll just wait til he retires and then they'll be back to 2. I hope he's right.

Tomorrow is both of our day off so we'll be picking up our biking trips again! I've picked out a local trail, which I hope goes well. I'm craving some Chancho alone time. We really haven't had much of it recently. So maybe we can pack a picnic and make it a full day of fun. His trip is coming up pretty quickly. He'll be leaving in less than a month now. And that means that our camping trip is slowly creeping up on us! I have a place picked out, I just need Chancho's approval. I'm thinking of going to Hancock Campground in New Hampshire. It will be a bit of a drive, but it's in a state that Chancho's never been to.

Out enjoying the beautiful sunshine while it's here!

Listening to: "Ticks" by Brad Paisley
Quote of the Day: "Never look down on anybody unless you are helping him up." - Jesse Jackson

3 comments:

  1. Ugggggggggggggh how gross. :( I am sure everything will be fine, but what an ordeal. I side with your dude, in that they'll prolly wait for the guy to retire and then go on with the two left. Too much trouble to hire and train someone new, yeah? Fingers crossed for your both! Now go get on that alone time... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow,I'm sure it will work out.Enjoy your alone time and I will send good thoughts that all works out.
    How fun, I love camping and cant wait to go this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a client who is a Pittsburgh City Police Officer. She said it is a very common occurance to be under review. And usually, nothing comes out of it. I wouldn't worry and I think he's right. They'll just wait for his partner to retire.

    ReplyDelete