Thursday, April 15, 2010

Long Busy Week

I'm back. This week has been overly hectic for me. More so than I expected. I've been consumed by work and Yankees. (What else is new?) I've worked everyday, full days and Tuesday instead of resting up for the overnight, I found myself sitting in Yankee stadium for the home opener. I got a phone call from Chancho early in the morning saying "Tickets are under $30! We're going!" I quickly jumped on Stubhub and sure enough they were $29.50. As I sat ooh and ahhing over the prices, Chancho worked hard to get lost time so he could make it to the game. I quickly showered and my mom decided she needed to go as well. I purchased the tickets and off we went. Due to us not getting the tickets in advance, like any normal person, we missed the ring ceremony, but were in our seats for the first pitch of the game. The Yankees wound up winning. That night I went to work for the overnight. I slept all day Wednesday, then got up for a visit from Chancho.
Chancho is booking looking into the Disney Cruise. His coworkers have been talking about how they're all going on this cruise and it's the "best" cruise out there. They have him convinced that he needs to go as well. It's all that I've heard about for the past 48 hours. He looked it up online and showed me all the details and he's spoken to his Sergeant about it, who is going with her family, and she told him to tell me that there is a Coach factory on one of the islands. She brings back bags that normally sell for $500, but gets them for $100. That's Chancho's selling point right now. He keeps sliding that fact in there every time he brings it up. In all honesty, I'd love to go. It's just going to put a damper on my spending habits as I save up. Plus, I'm not sure how I feel about spending a week with his coworkers, whom I've never met. And it's a Disney cruise, which means families. All of his coworkers are bringing their kids, and so will everyone else who is on this cruise. We don't have kids, let alone are we engaged or married. Just odd to me, but it is a cruise which goes to the Key West, Cayman Islands, and then to Mexico. I think that cancels out the awkwardness of not having kids. I'm sure I won't mind as I'm laying on some beautiful beach.  I'm pretty much there, I just need to get myself in the right mindset. It'll be in February of 2011. I've got time. 
My college roommate is currently driving down to this area now. We have plans to get together on Saturday, but first I have to get through tomorrow. I have an early work meeting at 7am and then from there I head straight to babysitting. Another long day ahead of me. I'll have worked 9 days straight on Sunday. This paycheck is going to look beautiful. Butttt I think it'll go right into my Disney fund. Not that we've made a decision to go or anything...

Listening to:

Quote of the Day: “Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths.” - Etty Hillesum

No comments:

Post a Comment