Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tuesday Tips

It is Tuesday right??
I've been so busy that who knows what day it is, besides the fact that my body just decided to sleep for 16 hours straight, I think I may have needed some rest, but who knows....

I have picked out an item for today, it is the 6-Section Modular Shoe Organizer, which is obviously used to store your shoes. Of course, if you can find something else to put in the cubbies than by all means use it for that! It is a modular system that you have to put together yourself, but here is a warning it is difficult to put together. If you feel as though you're handy and can usually put things together without a problem, than it shouldn't be an issue for you, but if you don't have patience and aren't so handy, I would stay clear of this product. The positive aspect to it being a modular system is that you can add on to it if need be. It also stands vertical or horizontal.
It's sturdy once you put it together and the polypropylene is durable and easy to clean. This is one of the less expensive solutions for shoe storage with it being priced at $14.99, but is on sale for the Spring Organization Sale for $9.99. It's always a hit or miss with people. I've had to put these together for the display and haven't really had much difficulties with them, but I also tend to find putting things together easy. It holds 6 pairs of women's shoes and 3 pairs of men's shoes. It could also work for cubbies for the family. If you have stuff that needs to be divided for the individuals, make each cubby a section for mom, dad, and child. You could put hats, gloves, scarfs, and anything else that could fit. I love to say "Use your imagination". I find that a lot of times customers see that it says shoe organization and they can't imagine putting anything else in it. They get turned off when I show them a dog food container what will fit 20lbs of rice easily. They always turn me down. Just take the sticker of the dog off and it's a regular plastic container that you'll find anywhere else.

Anyways, the news of the Container Store is that the Spring Organization Sale is quickly coming to an end on May 9th! But then fear not, we have the Travel Sale right after. A new store in Raleigh, North Carolina is opening up in October of this year!! There is also talk of another store opening in CA somewhere within the year of 2011. There are tons of new programs being initiated for 2011, that I learned about in the store wide meeting, some I was sworn to secrecy about, but super exciting! 
Time for work all! Happy organizing :)

4 comments:

  1. I am looking for a shoe storage solution. It is out of control at our house right now. Shoes everywhere. It also doesn't help that 18 month old son has a shoe fetish. He leaves them everywhere too.

    I'm liking your tuesday tips! And I'm not quite sure what day it is eiter. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. My suggestion is to get something that hangs on the back of a door. Each of your kids can have one for their own shoes and your youngest can't pull them down if they're up towards the top of the door.

    Any other problems you have? Ask away! I love finding solutions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how about for shoes when coming in the door?I make everyone take off their shoes entering my home and they are all over by the door and so is the dirt they drag in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.containerstore.com/shop/closet/shoeStorage/floor?viewAll=true

    Check that page out. It has all of the shoe solutions we sell. My best suggestion is to find something up off the ground, but easy so everyone will actually use it. It's hard to say since I don't know your style or the space that you have available.

    Hope it helps :)

    ReplyDelete