Sunday, April 18, 2010

Tourist for a Day

10 done only 2 more days to go of work. Then I can have a day off finally. Saturday was a blast, but exhuasting. I worked a 5am shift, so before the birds started chirping, I was up and showering getting ready for work. I walked into the store and noticed that the unload team (the guys who unload the truck and get rid of all the cardboard boxes) didn't get to finish, which meant that the truck came late and left us with the task of having to take everything out of the boxes. However, within the first 28 minutes, we were done with that and moved on to our task of putting all the merchandise onto the shelves. 9am came around, too slowly for my liking, and out the door I went. I headed straight for the train station to meet my roommate in the city! Luckily, I nabbed a local train giving me an extra 10 minutes to sleep on the way in.
We met at Grand Central and started our adventures for the day. We made some tourist stops, like Times Square, M&M store, Trump Tower, Tiffanys, FAO Schwartz, and Central Park. Then we subwayed over to the village for some shopping. The day went by wayyy too fast. Before we knew it we were back in Grand Central heading home. A day in the city just doesn't seem long enough when you've traveled 8 hours for a visit. But it will just have to do.
I was supposed to go out with coworkers that night, but when I got back from the city I headed over to Chancho's place to finally see him and what did I wind up doing? Passing out in his bed til 11pm when he woke me up telling me that I needed to head home. So instead of spending time with him, I slept. The one thing I'm always nagging him about! Ha, go figure!
We've had plans to go get ice cream for the past week and a half and it just keeps getting pushed farther and farther away. I am determined to make it happen this week. He also is on this grill kick. He really wants to buy a grill. I have a feeling that will be added to the list of things to do, which I know I won't regret when the summer finally gets its act together and shows up. I love nothing more than being outside in the sun and eating freshly cooked food.
Just a few more days and I can have a day to relax.

Listening to: "Buy Me A Rose" by Kenny Rogers
Quote of the Day: "I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it." - Audrey Hepburn

2 comments:

  1. thank goodness for grill weather! That's all I have to say. I love that you did touristy stuff for a day. I love the container store ideas you've been posting btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only time I was in NYC was with my ex husband in '97 and we were dirt poor. We could only walk around frozen on the streets. I look forward to the day when I can go back. Sound like you had a great (exhausting) day. :)

    ReplyDelete