Saturday, August 8, 2009

Keep on Keepin on

Day 3 of not seeing Chancho. Tomorrow will hopefully end that streak. We barely have had time to talk to one another. Thank goodness for texts. Without that we probably wouldn't have contacted one another yet. Crazy busy days mean no time for each other. I cannot wait to get back to our regular routine. For me that starts tomorrow.

My friends have left after a wonderful visit. They were able to witness a fabulous Yankees vs Red Sux game. I am very jealous that I was only able to see it on TV. I was their tourguide around NYC for it was their first time ever going there. We did all of the tourist sight seeing spots. I took advantage and took some pictures myself. We must have stuck out like a sore thump though because they were getting stopped left and right to see things. They unfortunately got suckered into spending $20 for 4 lousy pieces of candy. I had to laugh at them when I turned around to see them walking towards me bewildered at what just happened. From then on they practiced how to say no. It turned out to be a lovely day for a walk around the city. It wasn't too hot and there was a breeze to cool us down after walking long distances.

The BBQ went well. Not too many questions about why I was there alone. It still baffles me as to how many people can't understand the hours that people work. There are always follow up questions to why he works until 1am every night. People must not understand that crime occurs at all hours and not just from 9-5. I was a little too exhausted to partake in a lot of the festivities, but that seemed to work out fine as I watched another amazing Yankee game. 15 innings worth! and a win!

Better get ready for another long day of work! Here is a photo from the trip to NYC:
View of Statue of Liberty from Battery Park

2 comments:

  1. Hi TM, I saw that you are following my blog and came over to say *hi*. Sounds like your cop is super busy! It's a crazy life, huh. I'm totally jealous of the living in NYC. It's one of my favorite places. My husband's family is from Brooklyn, but have since moved upstate.

    I look forward to more of your posts. Would it be okay if I added you to my list of wives and girlfriends? Let me know.

    i love that you call him Chancho. Best wishes for both of you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mrs. fuzz for stopping by! You were actually one of the blogs that inspired me to start my own! I'd love for you to add me to the list.

    NYC is such a great place, I always encourage people to visit, even if it's just for a weekend. I say it's well worth it.

    ReplyDelete