Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back to the Grind

Chancho is officially back to work today. So here starts the never seeing one another phase. I must admit I was spoiled for the week we spent together, but isn't that how it always goes? I am working mornings and he is working nights = just missing each other.

Anyways, I got a lovely text from him today informing me he made it safely to work on his motorcycle, (I get nervous when he rides it into work) but included in this text was some good news and bad news. The good news was that he got a certificate from the police commissioner for never being sick for one full year. The bad news, he got a command discipline. (His first in 3 years) It turns out that when he worked a shift for a marathon he was told to wear a traffic vest. Little did he know that they were issued a new one two months prior. End result, he wore the wrong one, which looks different and now he's got a CD. Grrrrr More good news though, his captain seems to like him more than other officers and instead of taking away precious vacation time he only gave him a warning and admonished. Phew! I would have been pretty ticked if he got vacation taken away due to a lousy vest. I don't really understand how that system works. Chancho states that he wasn't aware of this "new vest" change. How can he not know that there was a change in uniform? Isn't there some sort of precinct memo that goes around? I mean it could be a possibility that he just ignored it or missed it because he never has the need to wear a traffic vest, but still to lose a vacation day over a vest seems a bit harsh. Who knew they even enforced something like that. To me, I think they would have better things to enforce.

Enough about vests, a little venting needs to be done on the job search. A quick background, I recently graduated with a degree in Criminal Justice, minor Sociology. Therefore I have a wide variety of options to choose from in the job field, but that also makes it tough to narrow it down to what exactly I want to do. I've been searching company sites, job search sites, government sites, city and county sites, and have yet to find anything available to me. I can't even find a civil service exam that I could qualify for or am interested in. I am becoming very discouraged and frustrated. I have been told numerous times that I just need to be patient and something will come my way. Patience is not a strong point for me, I guess this will be good practice. Hopefully I won't be practicing for too long!

Listening to: If Today Was Your Last Day by Nickelback

No comments:

Post a Comment