Sunday, August 2, 2009

Look Toward The Future

After all of the fuss of Chancho not possibly spending the day with me at the beach, the weather went and ruined it for us. It poured uncontrollably all day so our plans for the beach were put on the back seat. We were however able to enjoy a breakfast at Ihop and somehow he convinced me to watch The Knowing.

From there I spent the rest of my day without my companion. It was a little awkward at first, I felt like the 5th wheel, but it wasn't too bad. We made our travels to the Palisades mall. I was able to do some window shopping, some close calls in spending money that I don't have, but overall it was a good day. I spent 7 hours there!! Not all shopping though. The 5 of us ate dinner at Dave & Busters. I had a lot of fun. Even though Chancho texted me when he got to his post and explained that the last year that the area he was posted at there were 5 shootings, I was still able to maintain a positive attitude and have fun. I have faith in the training that he has and I leave the rest up to the big man.

He is out at a decent time this evening, but we're not going to see each other until tomorrow. This way we can spend more time in each others company while awake. Hopefully, he doesn't bail on our bike trip tomorrow. He is beginning to mention work being the reason for not having enough time. I don't want him to be overtired and that be the reason he gets hurt tomorrow over a simple bike trip that we took, to please me.

In talking to friends the common advice that I have gotten from mulitple people is that I just need to "look toward the future". I guess that they are right. For this moment, the bike trip and spending time together seems to me to be the world, but in the long run how is that going to help us as a couple if we are in debt and can't afford to get a house because our credit isn't good. I just keep reminding myself this is not always going to be this crummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment