Sunday, September 27, 2009

Chancho in a poncho

It's raining, or rather misting out in the Bronx, but the game is still being played, with an hour delay. Chancho is doing a paid detail, standing out in the bleacher section while he gets to watch a Yankees/Red Sox game. However, he gets to wear a NYPD rain coat. I'm upset that it's not a bright orange or yellow one, but it still isn't a pleasant one to wear. He has to wear his hat today too. He normally doesn't wear it, but sits on it while driving around during his shifts. Tomorrow we're going to be sitting in Yankee stadium together watching the Yankees/Kansas City game along the first baseline, field level. I'm pretty pumped for it. I hope that it's not the last one of the season that I get to, but if it is, I picked out some good seats to make it worth it. Chancho and I have decided that we will go to a Playoff game no matter how much they cost. (My birthday present in advance) I've never been to a Playoff game and I can only imagine what it would be like. I have a good feeling about this year so hopefully it will be worth it.

A few more hours and Chancho will be home, changed and ready for us to go to dinner. I already spoke to my parents about the language barrier at the restaurant. My dad seems a little worried about it, just as I had predicted, but I reassured him that Chancho will be right there to translate for him. It turns out that the building that the restaurant is in, was the jewelers where my dad had gone for many years while he was growing up.

Starting to think about Halloween. Hoping that my old roommate will be able to fly down and visit for it. It would be great if she did, to continue our tradition of being together for Halloween. We've done something for 3 years in a row now. Last year she stayed at school with me while everyone else went home. Hopefully we will be able to see each other again this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment