Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Dress Options

The holiday party is a few weeks away and I'm starting to go over in my mind which dress I should wear. I've already decided that all of the dresses in the closet will not do. And who wouldn't want to go out and buy a new dress? I took Chancho out shopping with me the other day to get a sense of what dresses would be appropriate and which wouldn't. I felt that was the best way to go about it since he couldn't describe any of the dresses that he had seen the year before. It is a formal event so I can get pretty dressy, but I don't want to be over the top. A part of me is going crazy saying that this dress needs to be perfect, but I have already told myself to stop and just find something that I will be comfortable in. It is only going to be 3 hours long, I don't need to get crazy. These are a few of the dresses that I was thinking of wearing.


A great deal from Kohls


 
These two are from Charlotte Russe





This one is from Macy's; they don't have a great image, but can click on the link

I really am all over the place for a style. I do know that I like the dresses from Macy's. I would have posted more, but there were a lot. I think I may just go with a simple dress and get some killer heels and jewelry to make it fancier. Regardless, I'm enjoying the search for a dress.


Quote of the Day: "Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers; remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs that just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean he don't care; some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers..." - Garth Brooks

8 comments:

  1. they are all cute! I guess what do you love best about your body??? the first one is cute and young and flirty.I like the third one alot and I cant see the fourth its so small lol but I can tell its green:) If you get something plain I like the idea of making it fancy with some stunner jewelry! And you can use it again too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first one....it's holiday colors without screaming "Christmas sweater!". But they are all cute!
    I am going to disagree with mrsofficer about the 3rd one....I think it may be a little too "racy" for an agency party. But I live in the midwest, so I'm probably not qualified at all to give fashion advice! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love them all. You should be my personal shopper, lol! I'm from the Midwest too so I'd be scared to wear 3 or 4 (I clciked on the link). I really like one but I'd probably ultimately pick 2 because it's really cute but understated. Depends on what you are going for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl if you can wear a hot dress go for it!!I wish I could,but still got a ways to go for that.
    you can usually tell the gf's from the wives,I know quite a few of my dh work buds that don't like their wives to show ANY cleavage!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for the suggestions, much appreciated. I'll be shopping in stores next week and I'll be sure to post a pic of the winning dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loud and proud: lol, my hubs loves it when I show the clevage...

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all cute but I really like the Macy's one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are all so cute. We have his party on the 16th and I don't know what to wear either! It will be my first time meeting most everyone as well. You'll have to post which dress you end up getting.

    ReplyDelete