Thursday, November 12, 2009

Surprise Party

Today is a good friend's birthday, tomorrow is the actual get together to celebrate, but his loving girlfriend decided to have a surprise party tonight so that Chancho could make it! I'm very happy that he gets to celebrate with everyone. I can't wait to see the look on his face. He gets out of class and has to take the train home, so we'll all be able to be at his house without him knowing. I love surprising other people! It does however mess up our plans, but at least it's for a good cause.

We were supposed to do a dinner and a movie courtesy of Applebees. I'm not sure if other cities do this, but if you eat at Applebees they give you a discount on movie tickets. Normally, we wouldn't need to do that, but recently the movie theater we go to hasn't been honoring the $1 movie tickets with a NYC police badge. Which really is a bummer, it was such a great deal. The only catch is that you have to wait 2 weeks before getting the discount. It is good for the LEO and a guest. We've been to two movie theaters now and they both denied us. They're saying that it's only good for the local departments. I think all LEOs should be honored. They're doing the same thing as the local departments. Plus, I don't want to go to a movie theater in the Bronx.

Anyways, we'll be doing dinner and shopping for a birthday present instead. Hope you all have a great night!

Quote of the Day: "If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't do it any differently." – Playing by Heart

1 comment: