Monday, November 23, 2009

Week Ahead

It has finally arrived, the week of Thanksgiving. I really feel like it snuck up on me. Chancho and I have been spending a lot of time together. I got to see him 3 days in a row! First it was Saturday morning. I was with him until he had to leave for work. We spent all morning chatting with his mother, whom invited me and my family for Christmas Eve. I think we may actually go. I am going regardless, but it would be nice for our families to celebrate together. I'm not really sure how it will all work out with the language barrier, but I'm dying to see how it happens!
Sunday was our usual date day. I had a feeling that he might not be able to do it because he was aiming to get an arrest the night before, but it didn't work out. Quick side note: This past Friday was the first night that Chancho felt embarrassed to be working for the NYPD. There was an incident in which a guy was pulled over for a DWI and the highway patrol let the guy go all because they didn't want to stay and do the overtime. Chancho said that the guy was clearly drunk, but they let him go anyways. He was beyond mad. He even called me to vent, which is unheard of while he is at work. But back to Sunday, I only made plans for the evening in case he did have to spend the day in court. Turns out that he does get home on time and we got to spend the day together. That night we followed through on our dinner plans. I got a $10 discount on a meal for my birthday from a favorite restaurant that we go to. We ended the night with going to a friends house to watch the AMA's and of course football. Two TV's were in the room, one for the ladies which had the AMA's on and one for the gentlemen which had the football game on. And tonight, he's working overtime. Such is life, Christmas is coming up and we all need the extra cash.

Speaking of which, if anyone needs embroidery done, check out the site to the side. (shout out to my brother and sister in law) Chancho is getting all of his gifts from them this year. He wants to avoid the shopping all together. I guess that's one way of doing it.

Wednesday of this week will be the baking day. I'll be at a friends house helping them back a gazillion cookies and then I'll be baking an apple pie for Chancho's dinner the next day. He will be busy working a double so he can have the day off. Always seems to be working the system to his benefit :)

Quote of the Day: The most successful people are those who are good at plan B. -James Yorke

No comments:

Post a Comment