Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Regular Sunday

I had a pretty great day today. I was able to spend the entire day with Chancho uninterupted. We actually were able to impliment one of our "fixes". Chancho's mother requested that he eat lunch with her today, so that's exactly what we did. We spent from 12pm until 4pm together. It was very nice. His uncle visited and I was able to chat with his sister a lot. She was suggesting some roads for me to look into with my job search. It really was a wonderful afternoon. I'm hoping that he realizes that this is something that can be done now and everyone is satisfied.

After lunch was over, I forced him to take a walk with me in the woods. We went to Cranberry Lake Preserve. I went to camp there when I was younger and have some great memories. It's got a few easy trails for anyone to walk on, that go over and around the lake. It has a trail that leads to a quarry and has a small waterfall. Chancho found entertainment by playing with a stick the entire time and poking the water with it. It was relaxing and let us get out in the open air for a change, plus it gave us exercise. We also were able to talk about how he likes to say one thing, but mean another. For example, tomorrow he signed up for a paid detail, which means he'll be working for Target in the Bronx all evening. I asked him if he wanted to go for a hike in the morning before work and he responded with "Sure, just wake me up, but my feet will be tired for work." That makes me feel guilty for making him tired for work if I make him go on this hike, but yet he doesn't say no, he doesn't want to go on the hike. So we talked about how he should just say that he'd rather not go on the hike because of work and that saves us the trouble of having to play mind games. I'm glad we got that out in the open because we all know that mind games can get out of control.

We're heading into the later portion of the night which means movie time. We'll be watching my movie pick tonight, Away We Go. Hopefully he likes it. I've already watched it, I find it to be pretty gosh darn funny. I also love the main character in Away We Go, John Krasinski, he plays Jim in The Office too, which is one of my favorite TV shows.

Here's to a great night and another wonderful afternoon tomorrow!! Hope you all enjoyed your weekend!

Quote of the Day: "Remember, we all stumble, every one of us. That's why it's a comfort to go hand in hand." - Emily Kimbrough

No comments:

Post a Comment