Friday, October 30, 2009

Apple Twist

Chancho handed in his application for the DVO position today. He said that when he went to grab the application he saw 2 others doing the same. Hopefully, his will be the chosen one. He also has to tell his lieutenant that he applied for the job tonight. I'm wishing him luck with that. Then we play the waiting game to hear if he get's accepted for the job. In the mean time, I've been keeping busy with some more baking. I made some apple twists today. They came out so very good. I only made two because that was the only dough I had left over from my pie. But they were tastey. Here's the recipe for those that are interested. I would recommend using the orange juice over the water.
  • ¼ c. orange juice or water

  • 1 can crescent rolls

  • 2 apples, sliced, peeled and cored

  • 2 tbsp. margarine

  • ½ tsp. cinnamon

  • ⅓ cup sugar

1.) Put water in a 9x9 pan.

2.) Cut rolls lengthwise to make 16 triangles.

3.) Put apple at wide end and roll up, arrange in pan.

4.) Drizzle margarine on top and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.

5.) Bake at 400°for 30-35 minutes.


It was so quick and easy. I could make these every day if I had the energy to.


Quote of the Day: "That love lasts through time and place and lets nothing get in its way." -Interpretation of Shakespeare's Sonnet 116

No comments:

Post a Comment