Saturday, October 3, 2009

Just Another Day

Starting the day out I did not want to work. I was laying in bed all morning and enjoying the warmth from the comforter. I dragged myself out around 3:30pm after browsing the web and searching for a new comforter that would match my soon to be new room. I showered and still did not want to go to work. It was raining and just looked miserable out. Thankfully my mother showed mercy and drove me to work on her way out to do some errands. The parking lot was full and two people almost backed into us on the way to the front door and one person drove out of the parking lot onto a one way the wrong way. I thought "this better not be the way today is going to go". As I walked into the jam-packed store I was kindly greeted by one of my favorite coworkers and that instantly changed my mood. She put a smile on my face and I was able to walk to the break room without any other "signs" of a bad day. Inside of the break room my supervisor waved hello and immediately told me he was leaving for the day. That meant I was in charge. The first day that they had left me to run the visual sales for more than 2 hours. This is a big thing for them. They are finally putting trust in me and allowing me to take leadership. I was in charge of only 4 people, but one was a brand new hire. I quickly showed her where the list of "chores" were for the day and if she had any questions that she could come ask me. I stayed near her for the first hour and then knew she was good to go on her own. I knew she wasn't going to need much help, she is a lawyer during the day. The rest of the night went really well. A lot of good people showed up to work and made the evening go by so much faster. We were able to make our sales goal by 6pm and finally we made last years sale goal. The store manager went out and bought klondike bars for all of us to celebrate. I hope that we can keep this up because I could definitely use a raise, but we don't get one unless we beat last years goal. We're only .5% behind it. I'm hoping real hard for that raise. I also was able to look for people to cover my Thursday shift just in case the Yankee game gets postponed until Thursday. Hopefully one of the people I left a note for will be able to take the shift.

Chancho is off tomorrow, but working at the deli all morning. That means I get a fresh breakfast! He also is doing a paid detail on Monday, but gets home at 5pm. Only a few hours there for us, but I'm accepting it because it is better than none. We're really going to try for apple picking next weekend. I hope that it happens. I want to make some apple pie. Chancho has never had it. My goal is for him to eat some by the end of this year. If not from when we go, then from Thanksgiving.

I mentioned above about my new room. I think that by the end of this year it will be complete, if not, it will damn near close to being done finally. I have narrowed down the search for my comforter and sheets. It is going to be black/gray/red. Any style with those colors in it will do. The walls of my room are going to be white, with one wall a darker red. I think tomorrow I will be going to pick out the paint swatches to be positive on the red. Once the room is painted I can hang the pictures and posters. That will be a huge achievement seeing they have been just sitting collecting dust for about 4 months now. Then hopefully for my birthday or Christmas I can get the comforter/sheets. My last goal is shelving. I have a ton of pictures that I would like to put into frames and have displayed, but on shelves. I also have a few random things that I want displayed, but no room for it. It finally is coming together, slowly but surely. I can see the end of the tunnel.

Quote of the Day: But love, I’ve come to understand, is more than three words mumbled before bedtime. Love is sustained by action, a pattern of devotion in the things we do for each other every day. –The Wedding

No comments:

Post a Comment