Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Christmas Surprise

I ordered Chancho's present today. I hopefully will be receiving it in the mail within the usual 7-10 business days. I was right, he did snoop around to try and figure out what I got him. My only hint, it has to deal with the Yankees. The price actually crept up on me and I spent a little more than I wanted to, but it is definitely worth it. I am tempted to give it to him early. I am just very happy that it's ordered and on it's way to my house. I can check his name off of the list and move on to others in the family. I always find it hard to buy something for my brother in law and sister in law. It's not that I don't feel like I know them, because I do have a good sense of what they like, it's just in my family we are very open about our gifts. We put a list out and we each write our name down next to what we're getting one another. There isn't any surprise to it. It just makes it a lot simpler for us. There are 7 of us in the family, not that big, but big enough to make it confusing when it comes to who is buying what for who. It usually goes something like this: "What do you want?" "A red large duffel bag from LL Bean" "Okay you're getting that from me". Or you say what you're price range is and they'll tell you something from their list that fits that. Now for the brother and sister in laws they want they're presents to be a surprise, which means I have to figure it out myself. Yes, I know, that requires me to do some extra thinking. I'm getting a head start this year. At least for when it comes to me, I have my birthday in November so I make one list and hand it out to everyone and I'm done. And this year I have to come up with presents for Chancho's family as well. The list just keeps on growing. I'm glad I love Christmas and I'm not someone who finds it all to be a "Hallmark" holiday.

Quote of the day: Shakespeare wrote: 'Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds.' When life gets hard, when things change, true love remains the same. -One Tree Hill

1 comment:

  1. HF's family does the whole here's my list thing and where's your list, and it shocks me every time. I come from a family that just surprises you with whatever. More and more I think a list is great because if we don't tell our inlaws anything, they will get us some bizarre stuff! i guess there's fun in that as well.

    Good job starting early on your Christmas shopping. I want to be done by the end of this month. now I'm curious if your bro and sis inlaw will like what you pick out for them.

    ReplyDelete