Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy Early Birthday

It is official. I have gotten my early birthday present from Chancho. He bought game #1 tickets to the Yankees division series. We're only going to be in the grandstands, but I will be there. I will be at a division series game!! This is a milestone in my life. I have always dreamed of going, and to a world series, but that still may happen. So October 7th, I'll be in Yankee stadium watching the Yankees play. It still hasn't been decided who they're playing against, but it will most likely be the Tigers. We've already discussed how the day is going to happen. First we'll hit a bar across from the stadium well before the game starts and then head in to watch the game so we can be obnoxious intoxicated Yankee fans and not pay for pricey beers inside and then take the train home. I sadly have a mandatory meeting at work the next day at 7am so hopefully it doesn't get too out of control. Good news is that the game is on a Wednesday and Chancho has the day off without using his co's day. His sergeant said he'd give it to him. I'll take that any day!

Chancho has a new partner that he's been working with along side his regular partner and he's been causing a little bit of a problem for him. Since Chancho has been working he's been able to meet all of his quotas without a problem and has worked to the best of his ability, minus the nights they sit back and watch movies in the SUV, but of course that's after they've met their quotas. Now that this guy has been assigned to work with them, they haven't been doing so great. He has a lot more years on Chancho, therefore, he is in control of what they do and how they do it. He drives the SUV around and doesn't do much work. at all. He barely does two car stops a night. I'm not really sure how that is going to allow three guys to find their arrests and summonses by the end of the month. Chancho isn't worried about it, he says that he'll just tell them to partner him with someone else and they'll get their numbers. I guess if he's not worried about it, then I shouldn't be either. To me, I think they're going to look at it like he's slacking because he was just given two co's days and now he doesn't have to work so hard because they think he's doing great. Then again, I am not a cop and don't know how it really goes down in the precinct and I should let him deal with it when the issue arrives, if it even does.

Time to watch The Office!

Quote of the Day: I think to myself that when you’re in love, sometimes you have to swallow your pride, and sometimes you have to fight to keep your pride. It’s a balance. But when the relationship is right, you find that balance -Something Borrowed

No comments:

Post a Comment