Sunday, October 4, 2009

Tick Tock

I've spent the entire day waiting. First I was waiting to hear if Chancho got home safe from work. He finally arrived home way past his usual arrival at around 3:30am. He got stuck doing overtime, which was only supposed to be an hour long, doing bar raids. Then I was waiting for him to get out of work at 2pm from work at the deli. I did manage to sneak in a visit to get some breakfast for my mother and myself, but the grill closed so we had to settle for sandwiches. Chancho labeled the sandwiches to my surprise. Mine was labeled "sloth" for not making it in before the grill closed, my mother's was "momma dukes" and he even gave my father a "sandwich". I'm not sure what it is yet because he wasn't home to open it when I was there. As simple as that was, it put a smile on my face. Now finally I'm waiting for him to wake up. Because he got home at 3:30am and then only got 2 hours of sleep before he had to be at the deli, he's exhausted. So much for having a day together. I'm giving him a limit though. He needs to be awake by 7:30pm so we can have dinner together. Luckily there's a good movie on, Stepmom and I am able to keep myself busy at his place while he's passed out, snoring ridiculously. I'm actually surprised that he didn't wake up from me turning the volume up so loud over his snores.

On another note, Chancho got some interesting news today about his father. He's gotten into some trouble and may be needing to vacate his condo permanently. Therefore, Chancho is considering taking it off of his hands for him. It seems like it could be a beneficial thing, but I'm a little weary of the package that comes along with it. The extra bills. It would make things extra extra tight on his end. Although, if he can handle it, it would make his credit golden. I'm just concerned about the added stress that it would add to his plate. Thankfully, it doesn't need to be decided right now and there can be some time to think it completely over.

I am working on Chancho's Christmas gift. I am debating on whether or not to even write about this on here because I know that on occasion he does read this and once he finds out that I am looking or have thought about looking for a gift he'll go to any lengths to figure out what I got him. So I'll try and keep it light, it's just something I am so excited about and cannot wait to give to him, once I get it. I know he's going to love it, which makes me so happy. It will go over our spending cap, but he went over last year, so I'll make this my year to go over it. Once I receive more information on if I can actually receive it, I'll write more, if I can. I am awful at keeping surprises from people. Especially when they are good ones. When I got my sister's Christmas gift last year, I almost burst at the seams with excitement. She wanted a huge piggy bank and I had searched high and dry for one with no luck. I had also been away in bumbleweeds NY so I didn't have the greatest stores to find one either, so two days before Christmas I came home and went straight to our mall and found one, in of course the last store that I looked in. I was about to give up for the day too. I called everyone I knew to tell them that I found it and it was exactly what she wanted. The morning that we celebrated, I had her open her gift first just to see her expression. It was priceless. She loved it! This is one of the many reasons I love Christmas. It is absolutely my favorite holiday of the year.

Chancho just woke up to watch the end of the Jets game. Looks like we will be going out to dinner after all. Applebees it is. Loving their 2 for $20 deal!

Quote of the Day: You know as well as I do it's not about what you look like, or your job, or how successful you are. It's about having people in your life that you love and who love you...that's all that matters. -- Grey's Anatomy

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, the waiting game. It seems that I spend my entire life waiting. Just like you said: waiting for him to get home, waiting for him to let me know if he's on call this weekend, waiting for him to get back from a callout, waiting for him to wake up... it never ends.

    I suppose I COULD get my own really cool important life. But after 24 years of marriage? Um, I think it's a bit too late for that. :) Although I did teach myself to knit and that at least fills the time leftover between household chores and his arrival at the front door.

    Peace!

    ReplyDelete