Friday, March 5, 2010

Annnnnd They're Back

Yesterday or rather two days ago now, was the start of the baseball season. Yankees are playing again. Their first game played and they won. Walk off home run making it a 6-3 win. If that is any indication as to how the regular season is going to be, sign me up for a keg party now. However today, or yesterday, (This whole midnight thing is throwing me off right now.) they lost. It wasn't a bad loss though, only 3-2. Seeing them play has definitely gotten me even more pumped up for the regular season to begin. I can't believe how close it is. April 4th. That's less than a month away! I'll be in Boston and terrified. I've heard some nasty things about those Boston fans. Yet, I think the Philly fans have topped the charts in my book. We shall see how it goes. I've never been to Boston, which is hard for me to believe, but it just never got on the list of places for me to go when I was younger so I never went. I'm excited to be going somewhere new. I'm excited that it's the season opener. I'm excited for the Yankees. I'm excited to be going with fantastic friends. I guess you could say I'm all around excited. The tickets are in our procession, as well as the hotel discount pass. I've got my outfit picked out. I'm still debating on whether or not we're bringing signs. I think I'd like to leave Boston alive and in one piece so I think we'll opt out of bringing signs this trip. We'll save it for something less controversial, say, maybe, Toronto. Toronto is on our list for this season. We also have Baltimore again. It's so close, and a beautiful ballpark that we can't not go again.
 So a warning to you all, starting the first weekend of April be prepared for a ridiculous amount of talk about Yankees. Hopefully, the majority of it all will be positive. I've already come to terms with the fact that I won't be having anymore quality time with Chancho. His focus has already left me and turned to the Yankees full time now. I told him I'd see him in November. Thank goodness we're both big fans and understand the obsession that comes with being a Yankee fan. Otherwise, I think our relationship would have been doomed.
Oh, which reminds me of a great story.
Back when we first started hanging out again, it was the Yankees that brought us together. He said he never had anyone to go to games with and I agreed. We exchanged numbers so that we would have someone to call if either one of us stumbled upon an extra ticket. Low and behold he called me up and asked if I wanted to go to Yankee Stadium to try and get tickets from scalpers. I agreed and Chancho wound up spending $100 for each of our tickets, which were located slightly off to the side of home plate and had a VIP entrance. He told me that the ticket was an early birthday present for me and not to worry about the cost of it. While we were sitting in the stadium there was a couple sitting next to us on Chancho's side. The guy kept chatting with Chancho through out the game and I was off in my own little world not noticing much about them. Come to find out down the road that the guy had asked Chancho if we were together. Chancho's response was "Not yet, but we will be by the end of the summer." It was June when we were at the game and we officially became an item in August. Funny how things work out.


Quote of the Day: "Luck is taking a chance when you have a choice…destiny is making a choice when you are given the chance."

No comments:

Post a Comment