Tuesday, March 16, 2010

She's sorry

Mother nature made it up to us today. She wanted to take back that awful storm she threw at us and made the sun shine alllllll day today. I think I may have even gotten a tan while I was out. I dropped my mother off at the train station this morning and headed back to sleep. Around 10:45AM I heard the distinct BEEP of my computer telling me that the power source had been removed. Which only meant one thing, the power was out.

When I finally decided to get up, since I couldn't sleep knowing that the power was out, I showered, then realized I couldn't blow dry my hair. Out I went with wet hair and spent the morning shopping. I got a phone call from two friends and met up with them. I brought the Bailey's and they brought the beach chairs. We sat out in the sun all day in a driveway. It was gorgeous. I was sweating in the direct sunlight, but it sure felt good after having rain for the past week. The birds were out, there was a slight breeze and I was able to wear flip flops! Hallelujah! I think I can say that spring is finally creeping up on us. The forecast calls for some warmer weather. 64* on Thursday!! Oh I seriously can't wait for this warm weather.

These are blooming in my front yard!

Power came on this evening just as the sun was setting.
Thank you Mother Nature for a beautiful day. You're forgiven for your nasty storm.

Listening to: "Come On Get Higher" by Matt Nathanson
Quote of the Day: "Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it’s at the end of your arm, as you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others." -Audrey Hepburn

No comments:

Post a Comment