Monday, March 1, 2010

Bubbles

Today was my first 12 hour day. Yep that is correct, a 12 hour day of watching Buster. He's 8 months old now and has skipped over the whole idea of crawling and has moved straight on to standing and wanting to walk.
We had an okay day.
He woke up early, which didn't give me any time to make breakfast beforehand or have breakfast by myself. He was cranky way before he was supposed to nap, but after his first nap he seemed to wake up on the right side of the bed and was very playful and happy, right up until it was time for his second nap. He fought Mr. Sandman so hard. He refused to close his eyes. Every single time they would close he would catch himself and they would pop right back open. He cried and fussed and then his father called. He heard his voice and BAM he was out like a light switch. Must have just needed a familiar voice to settle him down, I'm sure my singing wasn't doing the trick. I bet that was what was keeping him up. After his second nap we took a nice long walk, played on the balcony, and blew bubbles. Bubbles are my life savor. If a frown showed up, a tear started to fall, or a crinkle in the nose, out came the bubbles and he was smiling again. 
Today's toy of choice was this: He has a xylophone and this is the stick to hit it with. He only likes the stick.
Dinner. I'm not sure what happened. We were doing so well. I had him bathed and in his PJ's. He was still very happy and then I attempted to feed him dinner. He screamed. That boy has a set of lungs on him. I don't know if he just didn't like it or if it wasn't the right temperature or what, but he wasn't having it. I, however, wasn't going to let a 8 month old tell me no. He needed to have dinner so that's exactly what happened. Every chance I had I stuck that spoon into his mouth. He ate. He ate it all. I felt very accomplished after that.
We're still learning each other. Me, more than him, but he needs to know what can and can't be done with me and how I do certain things. I think it being the first day of 12 hours, it turned out just fine. I am exhausted though. I work at The Container Store tomorrow so I need to get to bed. Then Wed. I'm back to a 12 hour day with Buster. Round 2.

Listening to: "Fearless" by Taylor Swift
Quote of the Day: "Children are the world’s most valuable resource and its best hope for the future"

No comments:

Post a Comment