Sunday, March 28, 2010

Slacking

I know, I know, I've been slacking big time. So here is a quick summary of how things have been going.

Thursday
Chancho took his domestic violence class and is now an official domestic violence officer with a cool certification. It should be arriving in the mail within a few weeks. I'm looking to frame it. He thinks it's just a piece of paper. It was a full day crash course where a bunch of different officers and psychologists spoke to the group and at the end they were certified.

Friday:
We took another trip to Woodbury Commons. And get this, I didn't buy one thing! Chancho needed to buy a camcorder, camera and laptop for his dad so we took the trip. I was inches from buying a TV, but resisted. It was a 26" for $300. That's the biggest size that will fit in my parents TV media center and I've been dying to get them a larger TV. I have to squint to watch any shows. It's definitely time for an upgrade.

Chancho also found out that his father will be getting married in a few weeks! He's flying to Peru to marry his fiance, who happens to be from Brazil. It's a long complicated/crazy story, but we're just saying Congratulations! Unfortunately, Chancho can't take off from work to be in the wedding so he'll just have to hear about it when they get back.

Saturday:
A full day was spent in New Jersey. After I worked, we hopped in the car and headed to my sister's for the UFC 111 fight. However, I needed to stop in at the Crate and Barrel Outlet. After much searching and debating and a little convincing, I got a bed! It's a queen sized platform bed. It's a medium color wood. We loaded it up into Chancho's car and it now sits in the living room. The best part is that it was $899 and I got it for $289! Thanks to my sister's discount and the sale price! It really was a deal that I couldn't walk away from. I need to get a mattress now. Hopefully that will be bought soon.
Being content with a great buy, we headed back to my sisters for the fight. They had it catered by Stop and Shop. I had my first Pot Sticker and I have fallen in love with it. It's like a dumpling, I guess. I would have eaten all of them off of the platter if I didn't have any control. They had sandwiches, wraps, fruit, great dessert and plenty of hand foods. It was a great night, especially just being able to hang out with family. My brother in law, sister in law, and brother were all there. My brother brought his dogs, which played with Leela. So there were about 13 people there and 3 dogs, plenty of food and a good fight going on. It ended around 1am and then we headed home. I was exhausted. I didn't get to sleep until 3am, but it was so worth it.

We'll be heading back there again soon to have dinner or lunch with my sister and brother in law at Harold's. Chancho still has not been there yet. It's a must.

Then today, I was at work all day. It took every little bit of strength to get me there though. After falling asleep at 3am and having to be up at 7am for work, it was a rough start. Plus, today is the last day of the Office Sale, it was very busy. I am ready to just relax. So that is exactly what I'm going to do.

Hope everyone's weekend went well! :)

Listening to: "Open Arms" by Journey

Quote of the Day:  "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life’s realities." - Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment