Thursday, March 4, 2010

Round 2

We're making progress. Buster and I made it through another successful day together. It was a lot better than day one. He once again was awake when I got there, allowing me to dive right into my duties. He thankfully took an hour and a half nap though. I was almost bored while he was sleeping until I remembered the mess that is in the apartment. I have noticed that since I've succumbed to The Container Store life I can't feel rest easily unless there isn't a mess around me. They live in a one bedroom apartment with very little space. So the overflowing clothing mountain of Buster's clothes is slowly taking over the living room. I decided to tackle it. In the hour and a half that I had, I was able to fold all of his clothes in the first closet. I can't believe how many clothes this child has. I'm not sure if it will stay nicely folded and organized by color and short/long sleeve, but at least for the time being I was able to be satisfied. My next task will be to organize the kitchen cupboards. As of right now they just toss things into them. There isn't any rhyme or reason to it. It's just a complete mess. Hopefully, I can fix it. I think it would save them a lot more time if there was a spot for everything and it was easily accessible. I know it would help me out a bunch.
Anyways, back to my day, I think I have mastered the concept of walking a dog and a baby at the same time. I have everything laid out for me waiting. The keys, poop bag, backpack, jackets and shoes. I just go down the line and I'm out the door before the dog is peeing on the carpet. I've also used the music channel to help keep Buster occupied and it has helped given me a work out. We dance around the living room. It really wears him down. There was very little fussing when it came to nap time. He's also a lot quieter when we sit to read books. In fact, when it came to putting him down for the night, I fed him his bottle and he passed out in the middle of it. All I had to do was scoop him up and put him into the crib. I had a good half hour left to myself until his parents came home. I was able to clean up all the toys and wash dishes for them.
Great day. I'm ready for next week.


Listening to : "Perfect Day" by Lady Antebellum
Quote of the Day: "Every child comes with the message that God is not yet discouraged of man."  ~Rabindranath Tagore

No comments:

Post a Comment