Thursday, December 17, 2009

10.5 hours

I am so happy to have today off. Yesterday was a draining day for me. Coming off of a night shift of unloading the truck at work, which I usually don't like to do because it actually requires effort. We run, sweat, lift heavy boxes and work very quickly. (Not my style for working late) I decided that I would be a nice coworker and pick up another coworkers hours because he had some other thing he had to do and couldn't find someone to cover for him. At the time I thought it was a good idea, low and behold ten and a half hours later, not such a good idea. I have come to realize that staying in a location for more than 8 or 9 hours is too much. Especially when it comes to dealing with the public.

Chancho on the other hand has been at work for probably 48+ hours now because he got 4 arrests and it wasn't worth his time to go home and come back. He loves it though. It isn't something that he needs to take a break from afterwords. (If it wasn't for my day off today, I'd be going nuts!) I was able to see Chancho when he picked me up from work last night. A quick 6 minute ride, but it was enough to hold me over until today. We're going to my brother's today to get his Christmas presents embroidered. He has about 7 items that need to be done. It will be nice to see him and my sister in law and their dogs. Then on the way back we get to eat at Red Robin. I love that place! We don't have one in any close proximity to our house so this is a treat for us.

Chancho also received his PBA cards for this year. He's deciding how to distribute them out. How do you guys figure that out? Do you only give them to immediate family members or do you give them to anyone that you feel deserves them?

Listening to"All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey
Quote of the Day"Seek joy in what you give... not in what you get."

1 comment:

  1. What a nice coworker you are,sorry it turned out to be a bit much.Hope u are rested today.
    I love Red Robin and we have them all over here.
    PBA cards,as far as I know they don't get those out here,they have business cards they can hand out-and its up to the person whether they whip it out or not.

    ReplyDelete