Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Day 1

Christmas is split up into 3 days for me and my family, starting the holiday, with a busy Christmas Eve. This year I was able to get the majority of the day off because I worked an overnight the night before. So I went into work on Wed. night and didn't get home until Thurs. morning at 6am. I was delirious around 4am. I don't even remember the drive home at 6. I was so tired struggling to keep my eyes open. I got home and had to keep the cat locked in my room (mind you I'm allergic to him) due to my sister and brother in law coming to stay with us with their dog. He's a cranky old man and very finicky. Therefore, as I attempted to sleep, he thought it was the perfect time to paw at my face and meow all the while walking up and down all over me. None the less I only got 4 hours of sleep.

Remember that outfit I bought for Chancho's holiday party? Well since we never went to that holiday party, I wore the outfit for Christmas Eve. At least I got some use out of it. The family, minus my mother, brother and Chancho, traveled to Long Island to my grandmother's house to have dinner and open a few presents. It was a very nice evening. I got to eat my favorite holiday dish prepared by my grandmother. She makes the best German dish called Grunkohl. She did however manage to mess up the eggnog. I believe she left out the eggnog part and only added rum. It was a tad too strong.

After stuffing our faces and opening the presents I hustled back home to make it to Chancho's for his families celebration. They always celebrate on Christmas Eve at midnight. When I arrived they had eaten already and were waiting around for it to be midnight. Chancho's godson is 5 and was waiting impatiently for the clock to turn. It was a lovely night. They all were very happy with their presents. I thought I would have been uncomfortable because as they open presents they go one by one and take pictures as you sit there opening the presents. You are truly in the spotlight. However, for some reason, maybe me being extremely tired, I didn't mind and was very comfortable. I'd like to think that that was a major stepping stone for me. The fact that there were about 10 people starring at me and it didn't bother me, I can check that insecurity off my list.

From there, I left a tad early and crashed. The rest of his family stayed until 4am. There was no way I was going to make it that long. When I got home I was eagerly greeted by Leela, my sister's dog. She wasn't locked in her crate so she was licking me as I walked in the door. Luckily, I was so exhausted that i passed out that I had no idea if my cat was tromping over me or not.

Listening to:

1 comment:

  1. Your post has a HUGE error in it, just wanted you to know.

    You said: "...mess up the eggnog. I believe she left out the eggnog part and only added rum. It was a tad too strong..."

    I believe this is actually IMPOSSIBLE to do, so I wanted to let you know there is no such thing as TOO MUCH RUM.

    ;)
    Happy Holidays anyway.
    teeee heeee

    ReplyDelete