Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Candy Galore

I started to fill my candy trees and well my plan has changed a bit. They didn't have just regular M&M's in red and green. So I went with the holiday mix of chocolates. I figure everyone loves chocolate, can't go wrong there. It has Reeses mini cups, Hershey's milk chocolate, and Hershey Kiss'. They all are wrapped in red, green, silver and gold. It met my criteria so I got 4 huge bags and they didn't fill them all! I also had to take the bag of peanut M&M's in the red and green to fill the smaller trees. I was mad that I wasn't able to fill the rows with a separate color, but I think this way is a lot easier. It doesn't look bad so I can be okay with it.



I took this next section from Because of Love, she posted up some quick questions about Christmas and we all know I love Christmas so I couldn't resist.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Definitely wrapping paper. The only time I use gift bags is if it's way too awkward to wrap.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real tree, I love the smell.
3.When do you put up the tree? We don't have a day per se, we just put it up when we have the time. Last year was Christmas Eve. I'm hoping for this weekend this year though.
4. When do you take the tree down? Again, that depends on when we have time, but some time in the week after Christmas.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, very much so. My sister-in-law makes some really good eggnog.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? The only memorable one that I have is a sleeping bag or my American Girl doll.
7. Hardest person to buy for? I'd say my brother. I can never tell what he'll like. I also feel like he has everything.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Chancho.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? I have a few.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Everyone lives so far away and I feel like mailing them is more personal.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don't think I have ever gotten anything too bad. I would probably say some sort of jewelry or something like that.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I have two. Elf and The Family Stone.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I will start in August if I see something I'll get it. Otherwise it really begins Dec. 1st.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, I have.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My grandmother's homemade Grunkohl.
16. Lights on the tree? I love the big lights that are multicolored, but these past few years it's just been simple white lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? This is a hard question. I would say my all time favorite would be Silent Night, but I also love A New York Christmas, Baby It's Cold Outside and All I Want For Christmas Is You.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? All traveling. Four different homes in three days.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Nope, that's one thing I can't do.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither, we have a Santa. He holds a candle in his hand that lights up.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Well I do open presents Christmas Eve, but they are from my mother's side of the family. The rest of the presents get opened Christmas Day and the day after.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The people who are scrooges.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Red and White or the mixture of everything from all the years.
24. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner? The same as the other question, Grunkohl!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I already got what I wanted, it came today! A scanner for my pictures. I am hoping for a battery for my camera though.

Now it's your turn. Go ahead and fill out your own answers and post on your blog!

2 comments:

  1. Cute Idea!!! I might have to borrow it. The kids in my family would be more than happy to get a jar full of candy lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they came out great!maybe you could have stuck crinkly colored paper to fill the bottom before adding the candy,or a nice little quote in each one?

    ReplyDelete