Thursday, December 3, 2009

Tis the Season!

I began my first round of Christmas decorations today. This is the first year in 4 years that I am home before Christmas Eve to decorate. Unfortunately in the past years we haven't had the time to decorate and it didn't look like Christmas at all in the house. I took it upon myself to bring it back this year. I hadn't realized how out of control the attic was with all of the decorations scattered around so a lot of my time was focused on cleaning it up. I now have 3 huge boxes of Christmas items that are ready to be brought to a tag sale or donated somewhere. Sadly, that took up so much time that I didn't get to finish all of the decorating. I am also waiting to put up the tree for another day, once everything else is finished. Hopefully this Sunday or Monday will be that day. Here are some pictures of what was put up.

This is over our fire place, that is used everyday to heat our house. (the stockings will hang there later.)


Some garland over the entryway to the dining room.


A mini village in the dining room. I'm working on finding lights to light the inside of the houses.


Some outside decorations. I plan to put garland around the doors with white lights.

Posted by Picasa
More garland going up the stairs. 

A tiny manager set on the living room table.

These next three are decorations from Germany. My family sent them over as gifts a couple years back.

This one actually spins once the candles are lit.


Posted by Picasa



That's all for now. I'll post more as I decorate.

Quote of the Day: "Live, but not out of fear or hate, live out of love."


1 comment:

  1. oh i like it! I go to solvang every year over hear and we buy one ornament for the tree. There is a christmas shop there that sells those candle spin things really ornate and sooo expensive , one day I will own one haha totally forgot what they are called?

    ReplyDelete