Friday, December 11, 2009

It's a New York Christmas

Chancho and I took a day to ourselves. We started the day out with putting "Big Bertha" into storage for the winter. He braved the blustery wind and drove his motorcycle to the storage place in 17 degree weather. From there we traveled into the city. For one reason only, to see the big tree. Here are some pictures from our journey to the storage, Rockefeller Center and the tree in all it's glory.














Here are some pictures of our dessert. We had dinner in little Italy. We didn't have a place in mind so we just stumbled across a little place, that I can't even recall the name of now. The food was okay, not good enough to go back again, but it filled me. We stopped off for dessert at Cafe Palermo for a cannoli and cheesecake.





And lastly, here is my decorated Christmas tree. We put the lights up last night and tonight Chancho came over and sat on the couch while I decorated. My mother cleaned out our ornaments tossing some of the old ones and putting some in the "tag sale" box. I swear this tag sale box that she has is one that she just picks out of and puts the items right back into our closets. I never see her dragging the box to any tag sale.



Quote of the Day"Maybe Christmas," he thought, "doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas... perhaps... means a little bit more."  --Dr. Seuss


3 comments:

  1. Girl I would die to see a NY christmas. I so want to see THE TREE lol I always think of the movie ELF!One day Im doing a NY christmas,and dessert looks so good! Cheesecake is one of my favorites:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I forgot your tree looks good too haha I was so distracted by dessert

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should really go! It is breathtaking and really brings the Christmas spirit alive when you're there taking it all in. Plus you have the option of stopping in to get one of those great desserts!

    ReplyDelete