Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 3

Today is day three of not seeing Chancho. I think this is probably the most we've gone since he's gotten his new position. And oddly enough, I'm doing fine. I have been able to keep myself occupied to keep my wondering mind to going to that "crazy" place of needing to see him or talk to him every 2 minutes.

It began Saturday when he worked OT driving his Sergeant around from 11pm to 2am. He decided to work a double so he started his Sunday shift at 8am, which meant he didn't get home until 9pm because he had loads of work to do. Then yesterday he did Paid Detail in the morning and straight from there he began his regular shift. Which as he called it "couldn't get any worse", he had to secure a crime scene (which he was very nice to describe in detail for me), voucher evidence and when he was finally done with this work he went back to the precinct to start his regular work only to have to arrest a woman and then transport her. It was one of those days that just didn't end. From my end, this seems like how all his days should be, him working, but normally this is an overload of work compared to him sitting at his desk watching TV with the occasional arrest here and there. Today he's working an earlier shift to get out at 5pm but he plans on making an arrest so he probably won't be home until late again today.
I feel exhausted just writing about it all. I can't believe how tired he must feel.

This week we were supposed to go on a date, but I have a feeling that that will be pushed back to next week. That's fine with me, it'll give me more time to come up with something fun for us to do.

A side note, my cousin will be graduating from the Marines in a few weeks. He is do home the 22nd and I hopefully will be able to make his welcome home party on the 24th. I think I have to work though. I'm very proud of him, this was a great accomplishment for him. Therefore, I'm doing everything possible to make it to his party.


Listening to: "Carousel" by Buckcherry
Quote of the Day: “Anything I’ve ever done that ultimately was worthwhile...initially scared me to death.” - Betty Bender

2 comments:

  1. Just FYI (although you got it right) Marine is always capitalized. It is a title, not a descriptor. Your cousin joins a long and distinguished line of warriors. Tell him I said Semper Fi. :) And if you really want to freak him out, tell him you're tired and need to "hit the rack" and then say "Goodnight Chesty Puller, wherever you are". ;) Trust me on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is doing the Marine Crucible and Thursday he is handed the Eagle, Globe & Anchor, it will all be worth it!

    ReplyDelete